REDWOOD CITY, CA–(Marketwire – Mar 14, 2012) – Pano Logic, the leader in zero client desktop virtualization (VDI), today announced it exceeded 25% growth in 2011, riding a wave of new products and a series of technology enhancements and performance proof points. Contributing to Pano Logic’s success were several significant new channel partners and the company’s global expansion into new markets.
“We reached a number of milestones in our product roadmap that have transformed the Pano System into a high performing enterprise class solution that drove our significant growth in the marketplace,” said John Kish, CEO of Pano Logic. “We are serving the needs of a more diverse customer base, and seeing an acceleration of deployments from contained pilots to widespread departmental rollouts, as users realize the benefits of our fully centralized, zero client desktop computing solution.”
Key Product, Performance Benchmarks
Early Pano Logic adopters significantly expanded initial Pano Logic deployments throughout 2011 as IT managers took advantage of new product offerings, decommissioned desktop PCs, and transitioned from thin client complexity to true zero client computing. Pano Logic also enjoyed a surge in interest and demand following the release of multiple new products and the expanded support for the leading virtualization platforms.
Among the milestones were:
- Shipment of the next generation Pano Zero Client with enhanced video and rich media support/performance, and bi-directional USB and built-in dual monitor support.
- Delivered greater infrastructure independence with support for 99% of the Hypervisor market including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer, as well as their management systems, VMware View, Microsoft SCVMM and Citrix XenDesktop.
- Top performance ratings by users and an independent analysis by Sarrel Group, a technical-assessment consultancy. Sarrel Group found Pano Logic outperformed thin clients while consuming less in infrastructure resources, and IT desktop admins participating in a blind test rated Pano Logic the best over thin clients. For the full report by Sarrel Group, please visit: http://www.panologic.com/performance.
- Release of Pano System 5.0 with a modular architecture that dramatically simplifies the deployment and management of Pano Logic within large, heterogeneous computing environments.
- New pre-configured, all-in, one-step desktop virtualization solution bundles, the Pano Express SMB and the Pano Express HA, that dramatically simplified the deployment and management of zero client virtual desktop computing.
“The marketplace is still on a learning curve, with IT managers trying to understand how VDI would work for them and solution providers trying to polish their offerings to plug in seamlessly. Pano Logic is the only VDI solution that has reached a level of polish that customers can appreciate in an instant and understand,” said Steven Saslow, network systems engineer at Information Technology Group, a Connecticut-based reseller. “I work with a great many businesses using Hyper-V so I was thrilled Pano expanded support on all of the leading hypervisors. It’s become a game changer for our business and for end users. Removing endpoint support with its zero client and stripping obsolescence out of the equation with Pano Logic is helping make this an exciting time. I can walk into almost any business, set up a pilot and say ‘this is going to change your life’ and pretty quickly, they agree.”
Channel Swells Globally
Pano Logic also significantly expanded its global network of channel partners and introduced a new, two-tier structure that created new opportunities for value-added distributors alongside resellers. The company also signed on a number of leading value-added resellers, including SHI International Corp., Nth Generation and Alpha NetSolutions. Pano Logic established a presence in India, launching Pano Logic Technologies India Pvt. Ltd. to enlist local resellers. And it pushed into Mauritius, Seychelles and Madagascar with the signing of Elytis as an East African regional distributor, expanding to 21 countries globally.
The Pano System is a complete end-to-end, hardware-and-software virtual desktop solution that independently interoperates with all three leading hypervisors (vSphere, XenServer, Hyper-V) and their management systems (VMware View, XenDesktop, Microsoft SCVMM). It represents the only true zero client desktop virtualization solution on the market with a solid-state device that has no processor, no storage, no memory and no operating system. As a result, it completely eliminates endpoint management, fully enabling the benefits of centralized management with a cloud-ready device. Pano Logic zero client devices consume 97 percent less power than PCs, and do not store data locally, fully eliminating endpoint security liabilities.
About Pano Logic Inc.
Pano Logic is the leader in Zero Client Desktop Computing. Pano Logic’s all-in-one hardware and software solution — Pano System — redefines the delivery and management of end user computing by radically centralizing desktop management. The Pano Logic zero client platform is a complete end-to-end solution purpose-built for desktop virtualization, simplifying the complexity and management of virtual desktops and slashing TCO by as much as 80 percent. The patent-pending Pano Direct technology eliminates the need for costly processing power at the endpoint, making it possible to have an endpoint device that contains NO processor, NO operating system, NO memory, NO drivers, NO firmware, NO software, NOR any moving parts, completely eliminating endpoint management and security breaches, while slashing energy consumption by 95 percent as compared to a PC. The Pano generation of computing, built for virtualization, can plug and play into 99 percent of all hypervisor infrastructures, (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer), and interoperate with their management systems (VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft SCVMM). To learn more, visit http://www.panologic.com.